Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What I've learned this summer interning

This summer, I took an internship with 99x and Rock 100.5 FM in Atlanta. These stations are run by Cumulus Media Partners LLC, or Cumulus Atlanta. They are sister stations along with Q100, 680 The Fan, and Jezebel Magazine. I worked in the promotions department, which aloud me to have a hands on experience being the liaison between the staff at the station, like the DJs and talent, to the listeners themselves. I helped with web design, but updating the websites with blogs, and creating new concerts for the concert calendar and adding images using photoshop. I also put together spreadsheets for the prize winners in order to keep everything organized and running smoothly so when winners came to the station, their prizes were ready for pickup. I also worked many events, from remotes at the Red Cross blood drive, to McDonalds, to The Braves baseball games, to concerts such as Green Day and even movie premiers, such as The Other Guys premier with a partnership with Absolut Vodka Co. I enjoyed this experience and had many opportunities to see how a real station works in a large market setting. I have gained more skill sets while being here, such as learning even more about excel and photoshop. This experience has taught me so much, and I have had a great summer working here!

No comments:

Post a Comment